twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

I applied for a loan throu Washington Mutual but never signed anything or paid any money. Am I locke

I only interacted with the loan officer over the phone. He told me he would lock in a rate but when I recieved a copy of the application the rate was higher. It also said that I didn't need to sign anything unless asked. Can banks fill out mortgage application for you over the phone and have it bindng if I didn't sign anything or pay them any money? Found a better broker and would like to switch but Wamu is telling me that I'd have to pay for some of the things they've already done. My realtor told me that they haven't done anything and the law office said that unless I sign something or give someone money nothing is binding. Is this true? Can I switch to a different lender with better rates without any penalties? Doesn't make any sense to me that a bank could lock you into a mortgage over the phone without any signatures. I never even meet the loan officer face to face. Would appreciate any advice/knowledge on this.



Thanks



I applied for a loan throu Washington Mutual but never signed anything or paid any money. Am I locked in?

As far as I know, no signature, no deal. Words are not legally binding as a business contract. the only thing that can tie you down is a written contract with your signature on it. BUT take a look at this sites definition and see if it says anything a little more helpful.



http://www.lectlaw.com/files/bul02.htm



I applied for a loan throu Washington Mutual but never signed anything or paid any money. Am I locked in?

Send back the papers and tell them thanks but no thanks.



They changed the rates, you found a better deal. Done deal.



They can bark at you, but that's all. Until you sign on the bottom line, it ain't a deal.



Go with the better deal, the law office agrees nothing signed and no money changed hands.



Besides they changed the rates, never sat down with you. Be glad you don't have to deal with them



Good luck and check with your law office again. before you sign to make sure this IS the best deal.



I applied for a loan throu Washington Mutual but never signed anything or paid any money. Am I locked in?

this is the kind of stuff wamu does on a regular basis. it only gets worse when you actually do sign a mortgage with them. send the papers back, tell them no thanks and go to someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment