twitter




Monday, October 26, 2009

I want to apply to a college in Ohio, but I don' think my parents want me to go. What can I do?

I want to apply to Kent State University. I live in Pennsylvania (about 4 1/2 hours from KSU) but my parents really don't want me to go, at least that's what I think. Every time I want to do something, like get info on KSU or anything like that, they tell me about all of these stories from when they went to Penn State and how they don't want me to pay so many loans and things, they don't think I can get scholarships or grants to help me. I have at least a 3.8 GPA and i'm going for Music Education. I really don't want to stay in-state, but I can go far up north too. What can I do? I don't want to tell them off or anything like that, but I want to get them off my back, I want to go to the college I want to go to. Any ideas?



Thanks!



I want to apply to a college in Ohio, but I don' think my parents want me to go. What can I do?

Don't let your parents persuade you to go to their alma mater. They may wish for you to go to their alma mater due to the scholarship benefits that it would bring.



Since your parents went to Penn State, you know a lot about the college. If they keep mentioning Penn State to you, let them know that its normal for a people to get info about multiple colleges. You want to see what else is out there, see what opportunities you have. I remember some classmates had requested information from over 20 colleges. Out of the 20 colleges, they narrowed down their college list to 5 and applied to 5 colleges. Since they were accepted to 3 of the 5, they had a hard decision before picking the one. Its normal to want information multiple colleges, your education is important.



I do agree with those who say that Kent State isn't the best choice for music education. They have just an average music program. Nothing special. However if you are set on KSU, then thats your choice. I just go to a regional campus, I don't know much about the music program at the main campus.



Make sure you look into college with a excellent music program. Programs with high ratings and success rates. From my high school graduation class, people who wanted to pursue the music field looked into several schools through out Ohio and PA. I know one boy is attending U of Akron, another YSU, 2 are at OSU, and I'm not sure where the other 4 are going to, I know they went to PA colleges.



I want to apply to a college in Ohio, but I don' think my parents want me to go. What can I do?

Follow your dreams..they will understand.



I want to apply to a college in Ohio, but I don' think my parents want me to go. What can I do?

You should apply to every school that apeals to you. Once you get accepted then you should make the choise. Find out what you need to do to get help with finances. You need to go to a counsler at your school and talk to her/him about this.



I want to apply to a college in Ohio, but I don' think my parents want me to go. What can I do?

They are only there to help. Parent's can help a lot in getting into the college of your dreams, but you are not your parents. It's YOUR life, shouldn't you have a say in it? You don't want to end up feeling bad about being in Penn (though my Dad did go there). Go to where you will be happy and can persue your dreams. Good Luck!



XOXO,



Katherine



I want to apply to a college in Ohio, but I don' think my parents want me to go. What can I do?

you need to tell them like it is. I'm applying to colleges right now too so I know what kind of pressure you are under. At least you know where you want to go and what you want to do.



I want to apply to a college in Ohio, but I don' think my parents want me to go. What can I do?

You cannot go until you get accepted. You cannot get accepted until you apply. So, apply, get accepted, and make your case as to why this is best for you. Also, check out their financial package to include in your argument.



Also apply to something local as a back up and to appease your parents.



I want to apply to a college in Ohio, but I don' think my parents want me to go. What can I do?

A few things.



Going out of state just to go out of state isn't necessarily a good idea. (I speak from experience.) And Pennsylvania is a HUGE state. You can be far away from them and still be paying in-state tuition.



Why have you chosen Kent State? Have you hitched your wagon to it based on a few things you've read or heard? No offense, but it's not the GREATEST college in the world. That being said, it may be the best college for you. Still, you are lucky to live in a state with SO MANY good state schools. It's hard to believe you can't find one where you would be happy.



Music Education majors don't tend to make tons of money in the real world. If you are saddled with out-of-state tuition debt, it's going to be much harder for you in the long run. There was an article in the paper just last week that showed that more often than not, if recent graduates could go back in time, they'd have gone to a cheaper school.



But if you still are set on KSU, apply, see what kind of aid they offer you, and go from there. But I wouldn't be bitter or angry if you %26quot;had%26quot; to go to school in state. There are many people who would be happy to go to any school. I guarantee, there's a college for you in Pennsylvania. I'm telling you this not as your parent, so you can take this advice and not be angry about it!



I want to apply to a college in Ohio, but I don' think my parents want me to go. What can I do?

Scholarships and stuff give preference to in-state people. Also, you will pay OUT THE *** going to an out-of-state school.

No comments:

Post a Comment